April 17, 2014
Come celebrate with NHAA players and families
(click here for for information)
Now On Deck:
- 2014 Player Combines:
All players are required to attend player evaluations
Friday, March 7 - Ross Elementary Gym, 6-8pm (ages 9-10)
Sunday, March 9 - Ross Elementary Gym, 1-3pm (ages 11-12)
Sunday, March 9 - Ross Elementary Gym, 3-5pm (ages 13-15)
Sunday, March 16 - NH Sr. High Gym, 1-3pm (Minor League, ages 9-10)
Sunday, March 16 - NH Sr. High Gym, 3-5pm (Bronco League, ages 11-12)
- Baseball Coaches Clinic:
Anybody wishing to be a Baseball Manager or Assistant Coach is required to attend. The clinic is also open to any parent who would like to learn more about the game and coaching, so they can help out their child.
- Hosted by NH School Varsity Coach Randy Miller and his staff
- Sunday, March 9 - North Hills Senior High Gym, 1-3pm (all age levels)
- RSVP here
- Softball Coaches Clinic:
Anybody wishing to be a Softball Manager or Assistant Coach is required to attend
- Date TBD - McIntyre Field
- Ryan Douglass "Field of Dreams" Youth Skills Clinic
- Saturday, April 12, 3-5pm, Herb Field (Ross Twp. Community Center)
- Great instruction from a former professional ballplayer and his staff
- Many great prizes, giveaways, and a ton of fun
- Registration is FREE and open to all NHAA boys and girls 8-12 years of age
- RSVP here so we can know how many kids can expect
- NHAA "Opening Day" Celebration
Join us on Thursday, April 17, 6:30-10:00pm at the West View VFW and help kick-off another exciting season of Baseball and Softball. Click here for more details.
New Things To Be Seen ... In 2014
The NHAA is constanty exploring new ways to improve our product, and this season is no different. Some exciting additions to this year include an increased focus on player development as well as league-wide feedback/communication. Here are just a few new things we're looking forward to:
- The WARPATH
The North Hills WARPATH is an exciting spin on our Tournament Teams tradition of excellence. The WARPATH will be made up of boys and girls within the NHAA, will play local tournaments, and will also be encouraged to travel to additional tournaments to compete against the region's best talent. Click the logo if you're ready to go on The ...
Exciting PONY League Changes!
North Hills Nights!
Join us each and every Thursday from April thru July at the West View VFW. Parents and players are invited to come down, meet each other and socialize, teams are invited to come down and celebrate that week's big win, that hard fought loss, or that exciting Beginner/Instructional League tie.
Other Cool Stuff:
2014 "In The Books"
- North Hills Comedy Night
Over 240 people joined us to get 2014 started out right. With good friends, good food, and laughter with local comedians Gene Collier, Sean Collier, and Chuck Kreiger. The event was held at the West View VFW and was a huge success, complete with Silent Auctions and Door Prizes.
2013 "In The Books"
A recap of all the news and good things that happened the previous year.
1st Annual NHAA Player/Parent Town Hall
The first NHAA Player/Parent Town Hall was held on January 31st at the Ross Township Community Center and from the feedback we've received it was a big hit. There was a very good turn-out and a lot of good topics were covered. We're already putting the plans together for the next one!
- Manager Surveys
The North HIlls Varsity Baseball Coaches and Players held a Youth Baseball Clinic on February 23 and March 2 and the NH Senior High Gym. This clinic is the unofficial kickoff to spring. Thanks to the players/coaches for donating their time, we're sure the boys of NHAA enjoyed it!
NHSD Youth Baseball Clinic
- The "First Pitch" - Annual Slow-pitch Softball Kickoff
Both sessions are complete and it's safe to say that the SportsPark was very busy as our girls from ages 10U through 18U knocked the winter out of their gloves and bats to get ready for the spring. Visit our Facebook page for photos!
- Night at the Races
The Ross Community Center was packed for another great night of horse racing, food, and friends. Thanks to everybody who attended, especially to those who donated their time and items for the gift baskets and silent auctions. The money raised will go to field equipment, field improvements, and off-season player development. Share your photos!
- Pre-season Softball Coaches and Players Clinics
Legendary Softball Coach Rich Leviere held a 2+ hour Coaches Clinic and a 4-hour Players Clinic which covered the most important fundamentals of both Fast and Slow Pitch Softball. Over 30 sp/fp girls attended, and we hope to turn this into another annual NHAA tradition. Check our Facebook page for photos!
- Bronco and Minor League Player Combines
The boys went through various drills at the SportsPark to test their fielding, hitting, batting, throwing, and running so they could be properly evaluated by the coaches in preparation fo the upcoming draft.
- Pittsburgh Panthers vs Cincinnati Bearcats Baseball Game
Many NHAA parents and players were spotted in the stands down at the University of Pittsburgh to watch the Panthers take on the Bearcats. The Panthers took both games of the doubleheader in dramatic fashion, and it was great to see own of our own stars come back to visit!
- NHAA Player Picture Day
Another fabulous day for pictures at Ross Elementary Football Field. Thanks to all of the players, parents, and Future Stars Photography for once again running a smooth operation.
- North Hills Fast-pitch
The 12U North Hills Fast-pitch Tournament Team rolled into the Indiana Township Tournament May 10-12 and beat all competitors to win the championship. Great job girls!
- North Hills Palomino Baseball - Memorial Weekend Wooden Bat Tournament
North Hills Palomino brought the annual Wooden Bat Bash to town over Memorial Weekend. Games were played at both Herb and the NH High School Field between the regions best High School Players. North Hills brought home the championship, their first in 7 years, with an exciting 4-2 victory over Seneca Valley at La Roche College Field. Many college baseball coaches and scouts were in attendance. There was good food, good weather, and great baseball!
- Annual Golf Outing
Many people turned out for golf, great friends, great prizes, great food, and a great time. Notice we didn't say "great" golf, but we're working on that. If you missed us this year, please mark your calendars for next year's outing. Visit our Facebook page for all of the exciting photos!
- Softball Awards and All-Star Celebrations
Our girls took to Bartlett Field for the Parade of Teams, Trophy Presentation, Skills Competition for 6U and 12U, and then the night ended with a great Instructional League (8U) All-Star Game under the lights.
- Baseball Awards and All-Star Celebrations
The boys were back in town at The Bart. The morning started off with a very exciting Instructional League All-Star Game, followed by the Parade of Teams and Trophy Presentation, the Minor League All-Star Game, Bronco League All-Star Game, and ended with one of the most exciting Minor League Championships we've ever seen. The Rock Hounds and The Bats took it to extras before the 'hounds prevailed as 2013 Minor League Champions!
- Both events "filled the hill" atThe Bart, featured great concessions and even live, on-the-field player interviews and real-time Tweets. Check out our Facebook and Twitter pages for a ton of great pictures and feedback.
- North Hills Palomino - Freedom Classic Showcase
The boys took their show to Akron and battled hard, making it all the way to play on Sunday.
- BRONCO League - Wooden Bat Classic
The North Hills 12's found their groove and battled all the way to the WBC Championship, but falling short to a very good McCandless team.
- Attack at The Mac - 12U Slowpitch Tournament
The North Hills 12U Lady Indians battled their way all the way to the Championship, but fell short to a very strong North Shaler Team.
- Attack at the Mac - 12U Fastpitch Tournament
The North Hills 12U Lady Indians fought their way through a field of great teams, and won it all by defeating Cranberry Township in the Championship Game. Congratulations girls!
- Autographed Wooden Bat Raffles
- Congratulations to Toni Schaefer of Findlay Township - winner of the signed Detroit Tigers bat!
- Congratulations to Mary Ellen Mahoney of North Hills - winner of the signed Pitsburgh Pirates bat!
- 2013 All-Tournament Teams Picnic and Photo Day
- All NHAA Tournament Players were treated to a picnic and all got together for a Group Picture.
- Afterwards - the fans were treated to a "Coaches Challenge" Softball Game between the Softball Tournament Coaches, led by Bill Aguglia, vs the Baseball Tournament Coaches, led by Jeff Rojik. Baseball won this soon-to-be-annual game 14-7, and took home the very first Coaches Challenge Trophy!
- Congratulations to the new members:
- Eric Norberg
- Ray Interthal
- Joe McCarthy
- Dennis Ditzenberger
- Johnny Leuch
NHx Fall Season - Baseball and Softball
Our NHx Fall Baseball/Softball season was a big success with over 200 boys and girls ages 5 thru 18 participating, along with other neighboring assocations such as Braun Jeffery, North Shaler, Bauerstown, Ingomar, and more!
2nd Annual NHAA Player/Parent Town Hall
The second NHAA Player/Parent Town Hall was held on November 14, 2013 at the Ross Township Community Center. We reviewed the accomplishments and achievements of 2013, looked ahead to 2014, and took questions from the audience.