Click here to see how NHAA "Keeps it Real" by supporting Somali Refugees and their dream to play baseball. Thanks to KDKA News for covering such a great story!
Now On Deck:
- 2014 Manager Surveys - now open!
- NHAA Online Store
- Completely new and extremely user friendly!
- T-shirts, outerwear, headwear, polo shirts, pants, water bottles
- Customize everything with the NHAA logo of your choice!
- Personalize everyhing with your child's name!
- Pay online and get it shipped directly to your house!
- NHx - Fall Season Baseball andSoftball
- Registration is now open and available online here
- Regular Season Congratulations:
- 2014 Minor League Champions - Redhawks (Rojik)
- 2014 Bronco League Champions - Mets (Mehall)
- 2014 GPGSL 12U Fast-Pitch Champions - North Hills (Arnold)
- 2014 GPGSL 12U Slow-Pitch Champions - North Hills (Phillips)
- 2014 GPGSL 10U Slow-Pitch Finalists - North Hills (Bucco)
- 2014 Bronco Blasters - "We Put It Outta The Bart"
- Cooper Mehall (8)
- Zack Klaczak (6)
- Joe Ryan (3)
- David Lukac (3)
- Max Badamo (2)
- Brandon Manning (2)
- Alex Baker (1) gs
- Michael Shea (1)
- Damon Thompson (1) 11 y.o.
- Tournament Season Congratulations:
- 2014 Indiana Twp. 12U Fast-Pitch Tournament:
- Champions: Warpath 12U FP (Arnold)
- 2014 North Shaler Tournament:
- Finalists: Warpath 10's (Rojik)
New Things To Be Seen ... In 2014
The NHAA is constanty exploring new ways to improve our product, and this season is no different. Some exciting additions to this year include an increased focus on player development as well as league-wide feedback/communication. Here are just a few new things we're looking forward to:
- The WARPATH
The North Hills WARPATH is an exciting spin on our Tournament Teams tradition of excellence. The WARPATH will be made up of boys and girls within the NHAA, will play local tournaments, and will also be encouraged to travel to additional tournaments to compete against the region's best talent. Click here if you're ready to go on The Warpath!
Other Cool Stuff:
2014 "In The Books"
- 44th Annual T.R.Y. Tournament - 44 years ... the same 4 teams
- Although North Hills didn't bring home the trophy this year, they played their hearts out and left with a whole new perspective of what "it" is about, and realize how much it's a privilege to have the ability to play the game of baseball.
- Congrats to our friends up the street, Ingomar, who won it all.
- North Hills Nights!
- The NHAA family got together every Thursday from April thru July at the West View VFW. Parents and players were invited to come down, meet each other and socialize, teams were invited to come down and celebrate that week's big win, that hard fought loss, or that exciting Beginner/Instructional League tie.
- "Pitchin' with Hitchan Fast-pitch Pitching Clinic
In this 2-hour clinic, North Hills Varsity Pitcher Megan Hitchan taught the girls the basic fundamentals and mechanics of pitching fast-pitch softball. We hope this is one of many Fast-pitch Clinics we host throughout the entire year.
- Baseball Awards and All-Star Weekend
The boys were back in town at The Bart. The morning started off unfortunately like the season began ... with rain cancelling the Instructional League All-Star Game. The Parade of Teams and Trophy Presentation was first up, which included the Player Recognition and Gift Presentation to our 12 y.o. Baseball Players. An exciting Minor League All-Star Game was next on the agenda followed by a Bronco League All-Star Game for the ages. The night ended with a dramatic Minor League Championship, which saw the Rochester Red Wings prevail over the Louisville Bats and celebrate as 2014 Minor League Champions! The Bronco League Championship was held the next day, and the Mets defeated last year's champion Cardinals to take home the 2014 Bronco League Crown. The night ended with the re-scheduled Instructional League All-Star Game .. under the lights!
- Softball Awards and All-Star Celebrations
Our girls took to Bartlett Field for the Parade of Teams, Trophy Presentation, and the Player Recognition and Gift Presentation to our 12 y.o. Softball Players. Next up was the traditional, and always exciting, Skills Competition for the 6U and 12U age groups. The girls competed in base-running, softball toss, and slickest infield. As the hot day cooled down, the fans on 'The Hill' were treated to a great Instructional League (8U) All-Star Game ... under the lights. Nobody walked away empty handed .. or hungry!
- BRONCO League - Memorial Day Tournament
This was a good weekend at The Bart because there were a lot of baseballs flying over the outfield fence. Our boys caught fire early on and brought home the 1st place trophy.
- Palomino - Memorial Day Tournament
Beautiful weather set the stage at Herb Field, as the 9th Annual Memorial Day Wooden Bat Bash took place. Our boys fought hard but it was the Kiski Caveliers and the Worthington Mustangs who made it to Monday, with Kiski taking home the 1st place prize.
- NHAA Player Picture Day
Another fabulous day for pictures at Ross Elementary Football Field. Thanks to all of the players, parents, and Future Stars Photography for once again running a smooth operation.
- Baseball Coaches Clinic
40+ Managers, Assistant Coaches, and interested parents were in attendance as NH School Baseball Coach Randy Miller, his coaching staff, and the entire Varsity/Junior Varsity team donated their time to walk through how to propertly conduct a practice. Plan your practice .. practice your plan!
- Baseball and Softball Player Combines
The boys and girls were put through various drills to test their fielding, hitting, batting, throwing, and running so the coaches could evaluate and rosters selected.
- North Hills Comedy Night
Over 240 people joined us to get 2014 started out right. With good friends, good food, and laughter with local comedians Gene Collier, Sean Collier, and Chuck Kreiger. The event was held at the West View VFW and was a huge success, complete with Silent Auctions and Door Prizes.